Sunday, July 15, 2012

Past experience with WBT

I was introduced to WBT in June 2011 during a graduate level philosophy course at Walsh University. The more I learned about WBT the more interested I was in wanting to implement in my own classroom. Through the help with my wonderful professor Dr. Brobeck, I dove straight into the world of WBT and never looked back.
I studied everything I thought I could handle my first year over the summer in preparation of the new school year. My third grade team members also jumped on board to use WBT as well. Soon the principal was observing and loving WBT.
My building was then asked to observe my class to see WBT in action. I was very eager for as many staff members to implement as well and welcomed all into my classroom. This was only the tip of the iceberg!
The thought of a  WBT conference at Walsh was in the making and I was very excited! When I knew that the conference was going to take place I could not wait to attend to learn even more. I was privileged enough to be interviewed on a local news station to discuss using WBT in my classroom with my professor that brought this into my teaching world. The news also did a follow up by coming into my classroom to observe the kids using WBT.
It was a whirlwind year but a wonderful one at that.

The conference was everything I could have hoped for. I also had the wonderful privilege to meet  Chris Biffle, Chris Reksted, and Jeff Battle after the first day of the conference. I could not believe I was actually discussing using WBT with the people I have been watching on-line for the past year! They are my true mentors and having the opportunity to meet them was unbelievable! I cannot wait to see what this school year brings with the new components I took from the conference.

1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, I had the privilege of watching that tv interview when Coach sent it out to several of us earlier this year. Great job! WBT is an amazing program! I know you are going to have an amazing year!
    Nancy
    Mrs. Stoltenberg's Second Grade Class

    ReplyDelete